POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Ray Book : Re: POV Ray Book Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Ray Book
From: Mitchell Waite
Date: 9 Jan 2002 21:27:40
Message: <3c3cfc1c@news.povray.org>
Harold:

That is exactly why those books disappeared. Macmillan aka Simon and
Schuster who I sold to wanted to focus on big thick books on Java and C++
and so on. I was not happy about that, it was one of those hidden agendas.
That is why I want to get back in, to bring those great books like Image Lab
back. I have received a good deal of email from prospective contributors and
I plan to write to all of them shortly with more information

Mitch

"Harold Baize" <bai### [at] itsaucsfedu> wrote in message

> My introduction to 3D computer graphics was your
> Image Lab book. It is interesting to me that you sold
> Waite Group in 1996, maybe that is why all those
> good computer graphics books disappeared ;-)
>
> Harold
>

> "Mitchell Waite" <mit### [at] dnaicom> wrote in message
> > Hi All:
> >
> > My name is Mitchell Waite and I am the former publisher of RAY TRACING
> > CREATIONS, the first (and only) POV Ray specific book.
> >
> > With all the fantastic new improvements in POV Ray I am thinking about
> > publishing a new title on POV Ray and I was wondering what the interest
> > level is.
> >
> > Also I am looking for potential writers and contributors. Please feel
free
> > to email me privately as well as let the group know how you feel about
> this
> > idea.
> >
> > You can see the books I published at www.mitchwaite.com Click on the
Books